Home  Texts  Images  Notes  About  Disfigure this site
Disfigure this site

Write your graffiti here. It will appear at random all over the site.
Name

Back to Tokyo Cancelled

Comments

Lou Boxer
Sunday, May 08, 2005 14:11 GMT
Tokyo Cancelled
I am loving this book! I cannot wait until your next book. Please tell me that it will not be long. TC reminded me over Giovanni Boccaccio's Decameron. Like the Decameron, I think TC will be a classic. Thanks for the great read. Lou Boxer

Arka Mukhopadhyay
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:04 GMT
Tokyo Cancelled- a little belated
Read it a long while ago, and attempted a rather presumptuous review on my blog: kaashyapeya.blogspot.com. Just wanted to say thank you for the book

Kevin Johnston
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 15:17 GMT

It is like looking over your shoulder as you eat that chocolate that you shouldn't, it's all yours right then. And it's incredible. So is the story telling in tokyo cancelled. While I was reading it, and when i read it again, it belonged to me. Inspiring.

Chris Fry
Friday, September 02, 2005 08:52 GMT
Tokyo Cancelled
I picked this book up a couple of weekends ago and finished it last night. It grabbed me because I've experienced flight cancellations & delays on numerous occasions (unfortunately). In my travels I've been in a few international airports, and it's always been interesting, to say the very least. This book actually reminded me of a dinner I had in Tokyo with people from Japan, Agentina, Spain, Australia, Britain, Singapore, Germany and the U.S. I had almost forgotten about how much I learned at that relatively brief meal, but this book reminded me of some of those details again. Fascinating! You've done an excellent job of bringing different cultures together through story, while still giving them each their own distinctive flavor. I think the comparisons to Marquez in one of the reviews is dead on. I love the blend of the magical and everyday reality. Thanks for an excellent read.

Chris
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 05:51 GMT
fantastical
Fantastical images filled my mind when I read TC. A great trip, going as far as possible.

Abhijit
Friday, May 12, 2006 01:38 GMT
invisible boss
i was 18 and i was introduced to a glass door that said Rana Dasgupta. You were the boss's boss, one who was not to be seen ever....i made do with stories, of how you were traveliing the world and collecting stories. then i read your book...and found this site. so i thought it was only decent to say hi to the boss. so, hi boss.

Alex
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:38 GMT
The Inspiration
Most of the collection of stories(by the same author) i've come across had something in common, sometimes the background, period, theme... something or the other. Yours was totally out of the box, though the central plot seems to go with it, i was just wondering your inspiration behind them.

Medha Dutt
Thursday, October 12, 2006 23:56 GMT
Tokyo Cancelled
The book was refreshing - as in - it was a story book dealing with stories. But in all the 13 stories, only the one narrated by the Japanese businessman sounded different - maybe because it was written in a different manner. If you have 13 stories being narrated by 13 different people across the globe, the narrative should do justice to it. The narrative sounded repetitive. Also the end in most of the stories was weak. It was as if the brilliant spark had died mid way.

ron
Monday, March 12, 2007 14:27 GMT
the king is born
wow!!! wat a book, it takes 20 mins to read a story of the 13 and the whole day to analyse it.

Robin Greatbatch
Sunday, November 04, 2007 05:03 GMT
Reading@Little Bali, Singapore
You gave an extraordinary rendition of your work past and present. It was uncanny it gave me a wonderful insight into some extraordinary characters and experiences which could almost be my own vision of life. I look forward to reading Tokyo Cancelled and your next book 'Half Life' or whatever you decide to call it!

Subject